Thursday, April 7, 2011

Latest Update

So far, this week has been good!  On Monday I had a physics test, which was quite difficult.  Tuesday and Wednesday I didn't do much.  Today, Thursday, my friends and I got ready for our upcoming trip to Brisbane and Cairns.

Ten of my friends and I are flying to Brisbane, Queensland Saturday morning.  After arriving in Brisbane, we are going to pick up two caravans and drive north toward Cairns, Queensland (which is where the Great Barrier Reef is).  Over the course of four days, we're going to drive a total of 20 or so hours and stop at some of the best beaches in Australia.  We're driving through the Sunshine Coast (just north of the infamous Gold Coast) to Fraser Island, which is infamous for its sandy white beaches.  After Fraser Island, we're going to the Whitsunday Islands, which is a group of 74 islands that outline the GBR.  We're going on a sailing trip around the Whitsunday Islands for the day.  Between Fraser Island and Whitsunday Island, we'll be stopping at anything that looks interesting, such as the Steve Irwin Zoo!  It's going to be a true road trip; we'll be living out of our caravans.  Each night we're going to stay at campsites; three people can stay in each caravan and everyone else will be sleeping in tents. 

After arriving in Cairns, we'll be living on a boat for two days (one night) snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.  Actually, some people have their scuba diving licenses', so they'll be scuba diving.  We also plan on visiting a nearby rainforest and just chilling on the beach one day.

It's going to be a fantastic trip!  So I'll update my blog when I get back : )

No comments:

Post a Comment