Monday, May 30, 2011

Missionaries in Wollongong

On Sunday, when I was walking from Madeline's soccer game back to uni, I ran in to some unexpected people.  As I was walking, a guy in a black jacket and dress clothes walked toward me and eagerly said "Hello!"  I looked behind me, thinking he was talking to someone behind me... but nope, he was definitely talking to me.  He walked up to me and introduced himself as "Elder ..." (name withheld for confidentiality... because I'm not sure if it's appropriate to flash a missionaries name all over the internet in some random girls blog).  He continued to tell me about Jesus's "Plan of Salvation" and how he knew that there was truth in the plan because he had discovered it himself.  We talked about the meaning of life for a few minutes... actually... and then I asked him a few questions about Mormonism.  Come to find out, he's staying in Australia for 15 months (all the way from England) and he hadn't started uni yet, so he must have been about 18 years old or so.  While we were chatting, another missionary came up to talk to us.  This second missionary had completed a year of college in Arizona, but stopped to go on a mission in Australia.

I appreciated talking to those two missionaries so much I asked to take their picture.  After a brief moment of awkwardness, they obliged. 

And so to document my first encounter with missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment